 CAD / Development / 9924
Re: LDGlite and LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 04:46:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In case you don't want to think about the math, here it is:

vfov = 2*atan(tan(hfov/2)/(width/height))

See, this is why ldview is so much better.  I'm still trying to absorb
the first post and you whip out the math.

I thank you for the complement, but in this particular instance, I have to give
credit where credit it is due.  I'm sure I could have derived the above equation
on my own, but here is the actual comment out of LDView that I got the above
from:

// From Lars Hassing:
// Vertical FOV = 2*atan(tan(hfov/2)/(width/height))

The orginal source was here:

http://www.hassings.dk/l3/l3p_ca.html

--Travis