 CAD / 11990
Re: LDGlite and LPub (and maybe ldview?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:05:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
[ldglite] can generate transparent png files

Doh!  Thanks for mentioning this.  We've been wanting to make transparent LDraw
part images (for use by Peeron, et al).  And it's been there, all along.
Double-Doh!

It's a nice, simple command-line option, too. :)

The parts images are being regenerated as I write this.

I'd think twice about making all part images transparent. Especially patterned
parts don't really work, look at the images for these pics
http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/psearch?query=971&limit=parts&anyword=0

ROSCO

Steve was comparing "PNG" with "Transparent PNG" which affects the background of
the image.

The LDraw images used by peeron are generated in multiple colours, including
trans-white (LDraw colour 47).

I think(?) the peeron admins control which version of the image is shown on
peeron and most other patterned parts have been configured to show a "typical
colour". Follow "See pictures" from
<http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/psearch?query=3001&limit=parts&anyword=0>
for example. Most which are in the LDraw library (but not 3001p02) display the
white version of the patterned part.

Chris