 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2312
Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:08:58 GMT

"Nico Kaiser" <nico@siriux.net> wrote in message

Well, I don't have a problem with "mixed" models with LGEO elements and
standard parts. The big advantage of LGEO is, that the edges are rounded
a bit, so you don't need the gap between parts anymore. The edges don't
look that "sharp" anymore (without LGEO the render resolution has to be
very high to get rid of the stair effects)...

Are you 100% sure about this? Usually the stair effect is caused by a lack
of anti aliasing. Rendering the image at a huge resolution then doing a
resize with proper resampling is more or less equivalent to enabling
anti-aliasing, but this should not be necessary - proper anti-aliasing can
use certain optimisations to make the process more efficient.

Jennifer