 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2311
Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:40:50 GMT

Am Sonntag, den 26.09.2004, 10:46 +0000 schrieb Jan Folkersma:

Mine look purhaps abit 'edgy' since I don't like to use
the lgeo library. Too many parts are not available and
if I combine them with the standard parts it don't look
all that good.

Well, I don't have a problem with "mixed" models with LGEO elements and
standard parts. The big advantage of LGEO is, that the edges are rounded
a bit, so you don't need the gap between parts anymore. The edges don't
look that "sharp" anymore (without LGEO the render resolution has to be
very high to get rid of the stair effects)...

This is my first attempt with Nico's settings. It's better,
but still not quite as good as I hoped for. I must be
missing something...

What "count" do you use? The shadow looks a bit strange (but hey, at
least no more black spots anywhere in the image)

Nico.

--
Nico Kaiser     ::
nico@siriux.net :: http://dumm.gelaufen.de/