 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2314
Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:26:49 GMT

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> wrote in message

Most (all?) of Jan's renderings on the posted Brickshelf link don't have
antialiasing at all, so it's obvious what's causing the seam problem • there.
However, the forklift done with Nico's setting definitely has antialiasing
(presumably adaptive POV antialiasing), and the seams still look bad.  I'm • sure
if he did as you suggest, the problem would go away.  (I'm guessing you've • made
extensive use of this technique yourself, given some of the truly • spectacular
renderings you've posted.)

--Travis

I have used the anti-aliasing quite extensively, although just by using the
defaults I've never had any real problems I can remember, which is why I am
confused by the results on this thread. Maybe it is the LGEO thing, although
I am sure I don't always use LGEO. I recall that some tweaking of the
adaptive parameters can bring benefits, and also I had to remove the jitter
option, which created unpleasant effects at times.

Jennifer