Re: New style of part file 3941 vs. 6143
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:59:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Chris Dee wrote:
A brief investigation of my spares reveals a more complex situation.

There are variations in three regions of this part

1) The ribs between the inner cylinder and the rim:
1A) no ribs
1B) small rectangular ribs
1C) larger triangular (rocket fin) ribs

2) The shape of the four extensions at the base which grip onto studs
2A) straight inner edge - two edged lozenge
2B) curved inner edge - four edged ring segment

3) The detail of the top end of the axle hole
3A) Axle hole rib ends flush with top surface
3B) Axle hole ribs rounded at top

I've added pictures of some of these variants to my comparison galleries:
and the two previous pictures.

One addition to Chris' excellent descriptions is that the older bottoms (2A) can
be used in a SNOT function with plates; the newer bricks cannot.

Hope that helps,
Clark
(tagging an old post for historical reasons. I think these variants are still
unreleased in LDraw.)