Re: New style of part file 3941 vs. 6143
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 03:10:19 GMT

Change to include larger rib - possibly important for trans parts
???? (number not visible on my parts)       : 1C 2A 3A : (suggest 3941c)
- ClrFluorOrange ClrFluorGreen Clear

Interesting - I'm looking at one of these (from an Exploriens 6938 Scorpion
Detector), the only number is '61 16' (the 2 pairs of digits are separated
by an under-stud hollow).

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Chris Dee wrote:
Strange, that's rather high for the presumed mould-well numbers, usually like 1
06. Perhaps this varient really has got a different official number?

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss writes:
That's what I'm wondering.

I was pretty well convinced, but I went and checked all the Ice Planet sets
(1993 sets, the year that 6116 would have been introduced, and the year that
Flourescent Orange intro'ed).  6116 would have (does) make a very convincing
element code for this particular element.

I also checked more recent Flourescent Green and Flourescent Orange elements
(Rock Raiders, Mickey Mouse).

However, all that I found were either blank, or _actually_ had 3941 on them
(most especially, the Ice Planet sets, which is a real blow).

I was REALLY hopeful my copy of 1737 Scorpion Detector would yield
something, but it was blank.

Note that the 3941 I found from Ice Planet had a square opening on the
bottom (rather than "custom" stud hollows as in later elements), and the
larger fins.  The same element that Chris describes, and I'm presuming that
Steve observed.

     -- joshua