Re: New style of part file 3941 vs. 6143
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:18:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Chris Dee wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Chris Dee writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss writes:

You don't happen to have estimates of the years for any of these changes, do
you?

No, sorry - the bulk of this research was from (a lot of) miscellanous parts in
my spares box, and I cannot be sure of the providence of many of my made up
sets, so any info from them would be near worthless.

nod, I understand.

Change to include small rib
3941 (number part visible under rib)        : 1B 2A 3A : (suggest 3941b)
- Red Blue Yellow Black White ClrYellow

So much for the opaque/clear theory - unless using different molds for
opaque & clear is an approach TLC developed over time.

Unless problems with the use of this mould for the (earlier) ClrYellow prompted
a new mould for the (later) ClrFluorOrange, ClrFluorGreen, Clear.

Yep, that's a possibility.

Change to include larger rib - possibly important for trans parts
???? (number not visible on my parts)       : 1C 2A 3A : (suggest 3941c)
- ClrFluorOrange ClrFluorGreen Clear

Interesting - I'm looking at one of these (from an Exploriens 6938 Scorpion
Detector), the only number is '61 16' (the 2 pairs of digits are separated
by an under-stud hollow).

Strange, that's rather high for the presumed mould-well numbers, usually like 1
06. Perhaps this varient really has got a different official number?

That's what I'm wondering.

Steve