 CAD / 11909
Re: Minimum distance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:59:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen writes:
Hi all,

Currently I am rendering a model and it has this step in it:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sjaacko/Temp/door-l_01.jpg
It uses the Buffer Exchange command.

I am using the great LPub for rendering my instructions, but whatever I do,
this particular step keeps clipping. I tried things with minimum distance
enabled/disabled but that does not seem to work.

What can I do to prevent this?

Hi Jaco,
  It has been a long time and I was not able to go to the URL listed above.  I
have reworked the minimum camera distance concept, and have realized the wisdom
of Lars' camera placement use of vaxis_rotate.....

  Now I just change the percentage (PCT) to the value needed to back the camera
away a specific distance (unless the camera is already further away than min
distance).  This fix has been applied to construction image as well as part
images for PLI and BOM.

  Also there used to be problems when the assembly is not centered about the
origin.  LPub always centers the object about the origin (was available in
previous releases), I just checked to make sure, and LPub centers along all
three axis.

  If you can still recreate the problem, I'd like to give it a shot.

Thanks,
Kevin