 CAD / 11902
Re: LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:29:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad, William Howard wrote:
Thanks guys

I tweaked ambient up to 0.6 from 0.4 and its definately better

I shall see what effect taking difused down has later (and the
interaction of the two), but at least I know I can get an acceptable
result now.

Generally, if you increase ambient without decreasing diffuse, you end up with
overexposure (blown highlights).  Things that would normally add up to less than
full brightness then add up to full brightness.  Things that would have added up
to full brightness add up to more than full brightness (and of course get
clipped to full brightness, since full is--by definition--full).

Having said that, you're not likely to see this with dark gray and black parts.
Throw a white part into the scene, and it might be blown out to be pure white,
losing its shading.

--Travis