 CAD / 11898
Re: LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 05:40:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, William Howard wrote:
I'm using LPub to render a mainly black and dk grey model and its not working
out too good.

Well, probably won't make you feel any better, but have you checked any
official LEGO instructions lately?

No it doesn't and Yes I have ;-)

Perhaps "shadows" is not the right word.  It's more the different intensity of
the reflected light (see
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/whoward69/misc/LPubProblems/foot.jpg).  OK, so
if all the faces were the same intensity you wouldn't be able to tell the shape
of an individual part or where one part ends and another starts, but is that sub
assembly in black or dark grey?  Perhaps I should just go with different
colours.

On another note, I can't get the BOM to scale all the sub-images the same - see
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/whoward69/misc/LPubProblems/complete_bom.jpg

I think I must have upgraded LPub since my last major foray with it as I'm sure
I never used to get that particular problem (see
http://www.brickish.co.uk/members/files/whoward/Rho_06_BoM.gif for an older LPub
rendering)

many thanks