 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5453
Re: Wheels with/without metal axle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:10:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Guy Vivan wrote:

Sorry if my english is not very well.

Not a big deal. As long as we're communicating, it's OK. :)

I've create Wheel Axle Metal (x568s03.dat), because size of 35b.dat is not
good.

Please don't do that.  If there are problems in files, then let's correct the
errors (or come to agreement that they aren't actually errors).

The corect size (diameter) for this part should be 6LDU and not 8LDU.
For understand this size, see the my Technic Axle Adapter (x573.dat).

Uh, what is x573?  Is it used in some part?

An axle for whel must can be introduce in a Technic axle hole.
It's only possible if the diameter of axle is inferior of axlehole.
The wheel old used an axle metal don't use a corect diameter.
It's time for corect all wheel parts with a good size of axle.
And corect all elements with use an axle Ex : 7049.dat etc...

Since I don't have any of these wheels, I'll take your word that these metal
axles fit into technic cross-axle holes.

But before we go changing existing files, can we get someone to take a caliper
to one of these axles?  Just so we'll have a real-world measurement to start
from?

I have measured several of these metal axles with a caliper from different kinds
of wheels (studded train wheel with traction teeth, studded train wheel conical
hub, spoked train wheel conical hub, spoked train wheel straight hub, studded
wheel for rubber tyre (tyre 132-old), spoked wheel for rubber tyre (tyre
132-old), large studded wheel for rubber tyre (tyre 36) and large spoked wheel
for rubber tyre (tyre 36).
All axles have a 3 mm diameter. With 1 LDU = 0.4 mm this makes the radius 7.5
LDU.

Niels