 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5361
5360  |  5362
Subject:
Wheels with/without metal axle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:48:40 GMT

I have created several wheels that fit a metal axle:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x242.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x243.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x244.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x245.dat
and x447 for the 4 studded train wheel with traction teeth (not on the Parts
Tracker, yet)

I created at least two versions of each: without the metal axle and with the
metal axle (complete). Some parts (at least x245, but I found one of the others,
too) existed with different types of axles (for better grip on the early
motors). But also the color (material) of the axles varied (brass and another
metal). Part x243.dat is even used in two trainbases (x270c01, x270c02, 736c01
and 736c02)
I based the origin of these parts on the existing part 7039.dat.
For part x242.dat on the parts tracker I got a comment to change the origin -10
along the z axis.
What is the use of this, as the axleless parts are only be used when the user
wants another colored axle (an advantage of ldraw) and uses seperate wheel and
and axle. I prefer to have the wheel without axle and the wheel with axle at the
same origin.
I'd like to have this issue solved before I'm gonna upload the studded
trainwheel with traction theeth (x447 and x447c01).

Mayby the axleless parts should have the title starting with a tilde (~).

Niels