 CAD / 11946
Re: I want to become a reviewer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:06:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Bugge wrote:
   Well, running a bit back and forth in the file will give you a sense of the part just as well, and the you avoid starting out with a maze of lines: The biggest problem is that without the framing lines, the polygons is extremely difficult to figure out, since you’re left with the subtle differences in shading to figure out how they’re extended in space (and if they’re in front or behind earlier sections. A maze of lines won’t help on that, and that’s why I like the polygons and corresponding lines to be grouped intimately together (based on the polygon). But I guess that’s a question of style, if you consider the polygons to be extended inside a frame of lines or that the lines just edges different sections of the “peal” (surface).

I’m going to go on a bit more on this, please bear with me.

There are two extremes -- one extreme would be to put *all* edges at the top of the file, then all polygons. The other extreme would be interleave edges and polygons, defining each edge just before the first polygon that touches it. I don’t find either of these extremes to be optimal. I prefer to get a block of edge commands, logically grouped. Then a block of the polygons that go with those edges. It’s easier (IMO) to make sense of things when only type of line is (immediately) involved.

   And thanks for the comment Steve. I see you’ve remembered the wedge part again ;-)

:)

Steve