 CAD / 12118
Re: I want to become a reviewer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 00:39:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Niels Bugge wrote:
Just remember that if you whish to check a file for this error you have to
render it, but you {can't use LDview as it automaticly unmirrors it} (and
hides mirroring).

This is exactly why I consider mirrored studs to be a non-issue.  This error
manifests itself on only one program (L3P) and is able to be compensted for
(LDView).  I strongly suspect (although Lars will have to confirm) that the
next version of L3P will compensate for this in some way.

I use a modified stud.dat with logo. (I want to build virtual Lego models, not
MB ;-) Then mirrored studs also occur in MLCad and LDGlite and L3Lab.

L3P is not going to handle the mirrored studs in the next release, but maybe in the next again.
It will require a fundamental restructuring of the program,
because currently L3P does not walk the tree.
Also support of LGEO parts is an even bigger problem.

Travis Cobbs made the UnMirrorStuds program a year ago which may help you.
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=9045&t=i&v=a
/Lars