 CAD / 12113
Re: I want to become a reviewer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 22:57:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Bugge wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:

   We have set a precedent with car doors, by moving the stud from the mirror-able subpart into each main part file.

Is this true? I’ve been out of the “official update” loop for a while, but when I suggested this method a year or so ago it was rejected due to “sub-part clutter” and the fears of an unreasonable burden upon parts-authors. Has this changed since I last checked? If so, cool!

Dave!

Yes - check out 3821.dat and 3822.dat issued in the 2003-03 update - they both use s3822s01.dat but include the stud reference in the main file.

I’m not looking for a mass of existing parts to be re-submitted just to implement this technique, but I’ll support this for new parts, as with http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/43722.dat and http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/43723.dat

Chris

Hi all

If it’s combined with BFC-ing or other fix I think mass resubmitting is ok. I think I’ve managed to pursuade GuyVivan to do exactly that when he’s BFC-ing...

Just remember that if you whish to check a file for this error you have to render it, but you can’t use LDview as it automaticly unmirrors it (and hides mirroring).

-NB

Yes - that’s what I meant. If a part is being resubmited for other fixes, then by all means repair this fault. But stud mirroring alone is not a reason for a re-submit.

Chris