 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5455
Re: Creating 47457.dat 2x2x2/3 Sloped&Rounded
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:20:15 GMT

I personally round off the numbers to 4 decimals, but I’ve been known to do crazy stuff like modelling in 1/100 (max zoom in mlcad) and use 1-24 parts of high res primitives from time to time. But I would suggest you to round off to (at least) two decimals as the default non coplanar threshold check in LDDP is 0.1, and you would create a lot of non coplanar-errors by rounding off to less. Does anybody know if the thresholds in other programs (like l3) is different, or can two decimals be accepted?

Anyways, regarding simplifying parts I think one should always consider the greebeling effect before erasing small detail (is the 4 pairs some internal detail? I don’t have the part).

Finally I’d like to congratulate you with your first part, nicely done, now you just have to BFC it, which is pretty easy. Here’s a tutorial: http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/reviewfaq/

And then I’d just say that I look forward to your tutorial on how to calculate curved surfaces, conditional lines and I especially look forward to the translator to a game maker!

And now I’ll finally shut up and go away...

-NB