 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5431
Re: Creating 47457.dat 2x2x2/3 Sloped&Rounded
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 04:52:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Orion Pobursky wrote:

Looks good. You chose a relativle simple part for your first, unlike me:

Guessing is fine as long as you’re not too far off.

-Orion

My goodness, that was one massive scary part! I’m going to look that up and see how many lines it took!

I would have chosen the click rotation joint. I figured I needed a very simple part to warm up.

Talking about “not too far off”, should I worry about rounding off a vertice to the thousandths, hundredths, or tenths place?

P.S. - I just figured out, after several decades, what my math teacher labeled a 3D graph the way she did. While graphing the curve on the ZY plane, I aligned a separate XY plane to the right of my main graph. I was running out of room with my compass creating perpendicular bisectors. So, I super-imposed the steeper XY slope onto the YY. My effort to save space bore an epiphany! I was so pleased to finally “get it”! This type of “Ahha” experiences inspires me to create a curriculum for kids.