 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5437
Re: Creating 47457.dat 2x2x2/3 Sloped&Rounded
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:03:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Darrell Urbien wrote:

Hey Edwin, if you have time/resources could you experiment with showing kids LDD
too? Or would that undermine what you're trying to do?

Darrell

Yo Darrell,

By LDD, do you mean LDDesign Pad or Lego Digital Designer?

If it's Lego Digital Designer, then I am still unable to get it to work on my
PC.  It loads the parts, then just sits there.  I guess I need to go figure out
what's going on in order to be able to compare it to MLCAD.  For one thing, I
would like to see how LDD defines parts.

If it's LDDP, then sure, I'll use it in class ... as soon as I find the option
to "display to the cursor".  A month ago, I posted a question on how to step
through code.  I found the LDAO option easy enough, so I stuck with it.  I do
like the color coding in LDDP a lot and would like to use it.

I can't say I can blame the authors of our collection of tools for not offering
extensive documentation.  In the 27 years I've been programming, I never really
liked writing up extensive documentation.  I'd rather dictate the stuff to a
tech writer.

Anyway, it seems to me that one way to win the L Prize is simply to write
documentation for all the tools we use.