 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5435
Re: Creating 47457.dat 2x2x2/3 Sloped&Rounded
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 05:23:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Darrell Urbien wrote:

Hey Edwin, if you have time/resources could you experiment with showing kids LDD
too? Or would that undermine what you're trying to do?

Darrell

I'm willing to experiment with anything as long as it helps kids learn concepts
in math, science and engineering.  Of course, I'll first have to learn LDD.
Sooo, I'll pick it up tomorrow.

At the moment, I'm hacking away at Game Maker 6.0 beta.  I believe Virtual Lego
can be used to create scenes and characters for sprite-based 3D games.  The
challenge will be to create a translator from mpd to a game maker object.  It
can definitely be done ,,, it's just work!

I'll do it in java and design the translator so it would also work with Art of
Illusion.  At the moment, I'm trying to imagine what it would take to just
produce the surface tri-mesh.  Since I'm most familiar with 47457, I'll make
that the hood of a vehicle that can be driven through towers of 2x4 bricks.  I
should have that done in a day or two.