 CAD / 11917
Re: Strange part/file conversion problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 03:09:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote:
I really hope someone can help...

In a model that I built in LeoCAD, I used the 2x5 complete hinge assembly.
(part #3149c01).  However, when I ran the .dat file through LPub (then through
L3P) then into POV-ray, I noticed that the lower plate of the hinge assembly
seemed to have been replaced with part #3145 (the old tipper end).  I thought
this must be my mistake, so I went back into LeoCAD, but the part wasn't there.
Stranger still, the 3145 part is not referenced in the .dat file at all.  That
means (I think) that somewhere between LPub and POV-Ray, the 3145 part is
getting grafted into my model (and believe me, it looks way way out of place).
Because when I look at the .pov file I do indeed see references to the 3145
part.

Any thoughts on this?  Is this a bug in one of these three pieces of software?
Is it a problem with one or more .dat files?  Is there an easy work-around?

Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Allan B.

Hi Allan,

  Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I've never heard of an issue where LPub
was adding parts, unless it is recognising a part that is synthesized by LSynth.

I was able to resolve it by manually editing the .pov file once it was created.
POVRay would reject the initial file, then I went in and edited out references
to the wrong part, replacing them with references to the correct part.  Then I
simply ran the .pov file manually.  This seemed to work, but was obviously a
clunky workaround.

  I'm trying to dregde up all LPub bugs so I can shoot them and and fix them
before the next release.

Sounds great!

Best regards,
Allan B.