 Administrative / General / 796
Re: Quoted/non-quoted ratio
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 03:50:17 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
How does it calculate the sizes of the two halves?  Lines?  Bytes?
Non-whitespace characters?

Lines, I think. I'm not sure exactly of the details -- I'll ask one of the
news people here and get back to you.

p.s.  How would you feel if the newsserver rejected posts such as these?--
  http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.admin.general:762
  http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.admin.general:736
  http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.admin.general:647

Heh. I know the BU server would accept those....

The point really is just to stop those posts which are 90% quoting.... I
hate that.