 Administrative / General / 947
Re: Mailing list gateways
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:46:23 GMT

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:54:15 GMT, sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre
Andersen) wrote:

Steve Bliss (blisses@worldnet.att.net) wrote:

This isn't the place to decide about piping L-CAD to lugnet.  It needs
to be discussed on L-CAD.

Yes. Will you put a suggestion together? Here's a start:

Sure.  If you will mail them out (assuming you have an easy & efficient
way to paste all of the subscribers' e-mail addresses into a message.
Otherwise, let's wait until L-CAD is back online).

We suggest that the L-CAD mailing list is moved to the Lugnet server.
Part and software development will be discussed on

  lugnet.cad.developers / lugnet.cad.developers@lugnet.com

User questions will be handled on

  lugnet.cad.users      / lugnet.cad.users@lugnet.com

All subscribtions will (if possible) be moved automagically to both lists
on the Lugnet server.

I don't agree here.  To me, "users" implies they are using a specific
program or package.  I'd rather have
lugnet.cad         <- same as always
lugnet.cad.l-cad   <- discussion specific to parts updates.  Maybe
                      program support.

Can/should we transfer the L-CAD archives to the newsgroups?

Yes, if they won't flood the current messages (that is, they can be
transferred directly to the archives).

I'll work on the proposal message a bit more tonight.

Steve