 Administrative / General / 837
Re: Mailing list gateways
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 00:58:18 GMT

sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre Andersen) writes:

Todd:

the lugnet.cad newsgroup or a subgroup of it?

Just to remind you of my opinion on this question.

I know.  :)  I was asking Steve what his opinion was.

I would
like to keep the l-cad mailing list for technical problems
regarding the internals of LEGO CAD software (file formats,
creating new parts, etc.), and use lugnet.cad for the "user
side" of LEGO CAD (how to rotate a part in LEdit, how to use
L3P, etc.).

What about a gatewaying through a sub-group? -- i.e., something like one of
the following:

   lugnet.cad.dev
   lugnet.cad.devel
   lugnet.cad.develop
   lugnet.cad.developer
   lugnet.cad.developers
   lugnet.cad.internals

I do enjoy reading the L-CAD list, but I have trouble keeping up with it via
e-mail, even with mail filtering into separate inboxes...  It's difficult to

It's also difficult to cross-post something -- the message I sent to L-CAD
yesterday about "Chrome" vs. "Silver," I wanted to cross-post between L-CAD
and lugnet.cad, but since they're so far apart physically, I worried about
creating two threads.  (BTW, did that message ever show up on the L-CAD
list?  I didn't see it echoed back to me on the list.)

I should probably make it clear that access to lugnet.cad is
possible through both NNTP, HTTP, and SMTP.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

--Todd