 Administrative / General / 936
Re: Mailing list gateways
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:54:15 GMT

om>

Todd listed two improvements we could get by moving L-CAD to Lugnet:

- Real threading
- Archiving, searching, and back-browsing

I look forward to get them.

Steve Bliss (blisses@worldnet.att.net) wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:14:28 GMT, "Linc Smith" <ldsmith@pfc.forestry.ca>
wrote:

I too am interested whether others find looking at email as well as news
groups frustrating. Although I don't find it frustrating, and I did not even
known that the Listserver chokes (until Steve mentioned it), I am only one
vote... there must be others who want to gateway the list to Lugnet.
People...comments?

Considering the listserver problems, I'm willing to move it to Lugnet,
J.R.P. be darned.

Me too.

This isn't the place to decide about piping L-CAD to lugnet.  It needs
to be discussed on L-CAD.

Yes. Will you put a suggestion together? Here's a start:

We suggest that the L-CAD mailing list is moved to the Lugnet server.
Part and software development will be discussed on

   lugnet.cad.developers / lugnet.cad.developers@lugnet.com

User questions will be handled on

   lugnet.cad.users      / lugnet.cad.users@lugnet.com

All subscribtions will (if possible) be moved automagically to both lists
on the Lugnet server.

We see a number of benefits from this move:

1) It will also be possible to read the discussion on the web or with a
    newsreader.
2) We will separate developer and discussions.
3) It will become easier to search for old messages.

Can/should we transfer the L-CAD archives to the newsgroups?

Play well,

Jacob

           --  E-mail: Jacob.Sparre.Andersen@risoe.dk  --
           --  Web...: <URL:http://hugin.risoe.dk/>    --