 Administrative / General / 949
Re: Mailing list gateways
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:14:51 GMT

Steve Bliss (blisses@worldnet.att.net) wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:54:15 GMT, sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre
Andersen) wrote:

Steve Bliss (blisses@worldnet.att.net) wrote:

[...]

Sure.  If you will mail them out (assuming you have an easy & efficient
way to paste all of the subscribers' e-mail addresses into a message.
Otherwise, let's wait until L-CAD is back online).

I have, but we can just as well wait - and work on the suggestion until
then.

We suggest that the L-CAD mailing list is moved to the Lugnet server.
Part and software development will be discussed on

  lugnet.cad.developers / lugnet.cad.developers@lugnet.com

User questions will be handled on

  lugnet.cad.users      / lugnet.cad.users@lugnet.com

All subscribtions will (if possible) be moved automagically to both lists
on the Lugnet server.

I don't agree here.  To me, "users" implies they are using a specific
program or package.  I'd rather have
lugnet.cad         <- same as always
lugnet.cad.l-cad   <- discussion specific to parts updates.  Maybe
                      program support.

Todd has got me away from the lugnet.cad.users idea. Lets
keep the plain lugnet.cad for the general stuff.

I don't like to use the name l-cad for the group name. We
can just as well chose one (or two) that makes sense without
knowledge of the history of the group.

Current ideas for the part and programming stuff:

   lugnet.cad.development
   lugnet.cad.programming (maybe together with lugnet.cad.parts)

Can/should we transfer the L-CAD archives to the newsgroups?

Yes, if they won't flood the current messages (that is, they can be
transferred directly to the archives).

They will show up as "unread" in the newsgroup they are
posted to. If we post them to one of the new groups, the
problem will be reduced a bit.

Play well,

Jacob

           --  E-mail: Jacob.Sparre.Andersen@risoe.dk  --