 Administrative / General / 891
Re: Informal CFD: robotics competition newsgroup(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 05:50:31 GMT

blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:

It's certainly not inconceivable that a ng could be gatewayed with
N mailing lists -- and it's trivial to set up of course...

I suppose.  But only if there a N pre-existing mailing lists.  Since
each of the lugnet ng's is a mailing list, if a separate ml didn't exist
before, there's no reason for to create one after the ng-ml appears.

Unless there's someone(s) who don't want to ID themselves to lugnet, but
are willing to subscribe to a mailing list.  But that sounds like pretty
small population to me.

I'm thinkin' it's possible (if not likely) that other existing mailing lists
analagous to ba-lego@cinnamon.com will continue to surface from time to time
and desire to be hooked into a .loc group.  Maybe not often, but maybe a couple
or more a year.  And in large cities like New York, Chicago, L.A., or San
Francisco, I sure wouldn't be surprised to hear about 2 or 3 separate and
unrelated mailing lists for those areas...especially with how easy it is these
days for anyone to set up a mailing list with services like listbot.com.

Anyway, putting likelihoods aside for the moment and assuming on faith that
this sort of thing could theoretically happen, how would a re-arrangement into
a .mailing-echo.* hierarchy work in a case like that?

--Todd