 Administrative / General / 867
Re: Mailing list gateways
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 17:35:03 GMT

blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:

Help me out a bit on that -- When you say "doesn't really need to be," do
you mean to suggest that those types of discussions are too esoteric for
here?

I think it's more like "we don't want the threads exposed to the world".
Of course, the major players are all there already -- you, Larry and
Mike.

"exposed" meaning "poisoned" or "corrupted" or "affected" or "known" or
"watched" or "commented on" or "muddied up"?  :)

If it means "known," what about lurking and/or participation from people
inside TLG?

Heh heh -- we've got a special newsgroup here now just for weekly
announcements of LEGO Shop-At-Home Service phone specials, and there's soon
going to be a newsgroup for Robot Arena and likely also one for Dave Baum's
NQC language.

True.  Is the Robot Arena going to be time-limited, or are they planning
a series of events?

I think (not positive) it's an annual event.  But it's not localized to a
single city...  I think it's likely that in any given month, somewhere
around the world there'll be one going on...  There's something like 5 or 6
groups of people starting these up now...

This is a very timely topic, since we managed to choke the list last
night.  Again.

Ahhhh, that explains the sudden silence there.

So the L-CAD listserv can't handle more than 50-100 messages per day?

No, it just has a volume governor.  Unfortunately, instead of just
pausing the messages for a day (or something), it requires human
intervention to get going again.

Nobody can raise the volume governor to accept more articles per day?

--Todd