 Administrative / General / 838
837  |  839
Subject:
Charter for lugnet.announce.lsahs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 03:58:26 GMT

"Ben Gatrelle" <ben.gatrelle@nospam-bigfoot.com> writes:

Todd Lehman writes:
<CLIP>
2)  A new group lugnet.announce.<something> is created, and Mike crossposts
    instead to lugnet.announce.<something> in place of lugnet.announce (or
    in addition to it -- up to him), with everything else the same as
    option #1. • <CLIP>
You guys decide between #1 and #2, and tell me the full ng name if you
decide on #2...  My recommendation is #2 and lugnet.announce.lsahs  :)

--Todd

I vote for #2 ng name being lugnet.announce.lsahs
IMHO
BEN G.

Allrighty then, I count four people (Gary L, Ben G, Tom McD, and me) who are
in favor of the name being

   lugnet.announce.lsahs

and no one yet directly opposed to that specific name.  Linc S listed some
other possibilities <lugnet.admin.general:819> & <lugnet.admin.general:821>
which were discussed and he noted that whatever is agreed upon is OK with
him.  Also, many people are in favor of the group regardless of the name so
that they can simply get the announcements easily via e-mail on Monday
mornings.  So it seems like a general consensus has been reached among the
people most directly involved and/or most opinionated, and it's time to make
it so.  (But we haven't heard a final opinion Mike Stanley yet.)

Mike, in terms of a brief charter, how does this sound?--

   Unofficial announcements pertaining to LEGO Shop-At-Home Service:
   Summaries of weekly U.S. phone specials and other notable specials.

Like lugnet.announce, the new lugnet.announce.lsahs group will require that
followups be set to another group -- to prevent discussions from taking
place in the group.

For posting the weekly S@H specials, I would suggest the following settings: