 Administrative / General / 843
Re: Charter for lugnet.announce.lsahs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 08:31:08 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
OK.  Now here's the pedantic/esoteric hidden-question:  Which one of those
two alternatives do you think makes the most sense?

Do you want to have it on record that (second alternative) the threads you
post there were all rooted in the .shopping group and the announcements just
happened to be echoed into the .announce.lsahs group (that's the second
alternative), or that (first alternative) the postings you make there are
rooted squarely the .announce.lsahs group, with the discussions just
happening to be spin-offs that happen in the .shopping group?  Depends on
how you view the resource.

Hrmmm, I think it makes more sense to me to have the post originate in
the .shopping group but get echoed to the .announce.lsahs group.

The .announce.lsahs group, imo, is a matter of convenience for people
who want to drop in (or have it drop in on them) to just check the
specials, whereas the .shopping group would be where the info and
discussion would "live".

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET