 General / 43593
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 00:23:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Barnes wrote:
In lugnet.general, Erik Olson wrote:

Perhaps the new color also masks an anti-fading agent? (seems unlikely.)

I wonder if some of the older dyes have become either unobtainable or have been
outlawed in Europe. Some of the older dyes, even food colourings, are now deemed
harmful. TLC may not have any choice in the matter.

I did some goolging and found this interesting page.

http://www.mst.dk/project/NyViden/2001/12010000.htm

Apparently LEGO has been spending serious bucks into the plastics recycling
business.  Now, the way I see it, if LEGO is putting all this money into this
then I'd think they did some serious research to make sure what they are doing
is consumer safe.

In the past LEGO has taken the measures to make sure their product is as safe or
more safe than laws state. Waaaaay back when the government said trace amounts
of Cadmium were allowed in yellow and red ABS LEGO put in the effort to use
absolutely none in its ABS (pg. 78 in "The World of LEGO Toys")

Adr.