 General / 43579
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:56:46 GMT

richard marchetti wrote in message ...
When I reach for an element of a
certain color, I really want it to match with the rest of what I am • building.
An imprecise color match is a long-time complaint from many against clone • bricks
-- if the color will not match, and the clutch adhesion of the studs will • be
compromised, then TLC's reign as the maker of the best elements will be
OVER!

I think this is crucial. IF it's really so that there will be
not-quite-matching replacements for some of the standard colors, and IF the
new stud design is really less clutchy (and accurate?) than the current
design and propagates throughout the line... why then, the reasons to pay
more for LEGO vs a cheaper clone become fewer and LEGO will lose even more
of its market share to clone brands. That's a bad thing for us and for LEGO.

Here's hoping that the fears and rumors turn out to be less serious than we
think.

Kevin
Railroad Depot kit: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-rrd.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information: