 General / 43595
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 03:13:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ray Sanders wrote:

   Everyone should take a deep deep breath and answer the following questions...

How many sets have these ‘new’ colors been seen in ?

I have 3 of the new Star Wars Mini sets (Mini ISD, AT-TE, and Imperial Shuttle), and they have the ‘different’ grey. The new X-Wing, though, has the ‘old’ grey.

How many themes have these ‘new’ colors been seen in ?

So far, it appears to be the Star Wars sets.

How many 2004 sets have been examined to determine if they have new or old colors ? • I did 3, and others on other boards (FBTB, for one) have examined their sets.

So far, from what I have heard here, the answer to all three questions is... 1.
Check the forum at FBTB.

Much to do and hand wringing is being expended before the full extent of the issue is known. Because of the lead times required to produce these sets, if this is an intentional change (maybe yes, maybe no) then it already a done deed. Not much we can do except to evaluate the actual situation and decide how to react to it. Much ranting and raving at this point is not going to repeal changes which have already occured.

Unless, it’s a glitch in the system, which can be fixed and changed. The point here is not to rant, but to point out that we noticed the color change. There are pretty strong implications from this, though, if this is a ‘done deed’.

   Lets find out the true situation (on more than 24 hours knowledge) and then see where to go.

Actually finding this out on a Friday wasn’t the best timing.

Joe .space paparazzi!