 General / 43613
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:43:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   In some ways, having a properly color coordinated design distinguishes a “refined” design from one that is built up from multiple colored elements as if one didn’t have enough elements of a particular color!

Richard,

With no offense intended, this sounds as if those builders out there who are “stuck” with the bricks they have (for whatever reasons) just can’t be as good at MOC-ing as those who can buy the bricks they need to make the “refined” designs look better. I disagree, and think it’s entirely a matter of application; the perfect color scheme seems more like icing on the cake for a good design. This isn’t to say that color isn’t important, but I don’t believe it’s as important as building itself.

Of course, I say this from the standpoint of one who’s obviously no expert. I do understand your point about those who base their collections on these greys, but I believe those people - the expert MOC-ers - are in the minority. Most of us will still play just fine.

Maybe I’m just one of those in the minority who think it’s not such a bad thing to have new colors with which to play. With hope for those for whom this is an important point, perhaps the new greys are merely extensions of the color palette rather than replacements.

The glass just is.

Peace and Long Life,

Tw0nst3r