 General / 43602
Re: Deep breath, count to 10. Was: Fwd from a builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 04:38:28 GMT

Relax, then rush out and get some of these new colors, and look at them side by side with your old colors.

The grays are different. I like them. There is no chance I will confuse them when they are mixed with the old.

Remember the excitement when the Mosaic came with a new gray? This is an opportunity to expand your color palette. We don’t know that Lego won’t make the old colors. Maybe George Lucas and Lego decided on this together just for “Star Wars”.

The new light gray is much more “platinum” than the original one which looks greenish by comparison (I’m in white flurorescent light.) It’s pearly. It is the color you think your gray bricks are, but aren’t.

The new dark gray is like slate, or gunmetal blue. Next to the original dark gray it looks almost like a color, or sand blue. Say halfway from dark gray to sand blue.

Geez, suppose we had all gone off half cocked like this when the Statue of Liberty green came along. Oh no! Lego is stop making green! Icky!

I asked my wife to look at them and point to which ones she liked. She picked the two new ones.

As for the studs, the studs I got are exactly the same as the old ones.

-Erik