 General / 43582
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:57:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti wrote:

   3. Replacement greys would mean that your investment in old greys has been cut off in terms of future elements; it would also mean a period of reinvesting in new greys in order to build in new greys.

We both know that the grays do not fare well with time-- they yellow, and many times older grays look crappy anyway. In the same vein, I would never build with white from the 70’s.

   Further, I really object to the “Half full” comment -- the greys are fundamental colors to many builders. Losing access to the greys for further building does not leave a glass “half full” -- it leaves it entirely empty!

We must consider the possibility that the apparent changes may be by necessity-- perhaps a change in ABS suppliers? Perhaps they have been matched to the best of TLC’s ability?

Let’s just hope that these new greys are additions to the color line and not replacement colors as suggested by some.

The “new” grays are so close to the originals that I doubt they were intended as separate, new colors in and of themselves. Time will tell (if TLC doesn’t)

JOHN