 General / 43655
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:21:00 GMT

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:37:39 GMT, "Peter F. Guenther"
<peterg1974@hotmail.com> wrote:

Again, I can't possibly fathom that a change to the knob and
tube system is a result of the marketing folks running to management screaming,
"kids can't put the bricks together anymore!!! We must make it simpler for
them!!!"

Not that kids can't put them together, but to make it easier--just like holes in
the minifig heads made them easier to pull off and slots in the technic pins
made them easier to pull out.  Making a change to make something easier for the
user doesn't imply that the user is incompetent or less competent than in the
past.

Peter

I thought the holes in the minifig heads were for safety reasons, to
prevent choking if a child were to attempt to swallow them. I think I
saw that mentioned in a LEGO book somewhere...