 General / 45202
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:58:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Jordan wrote:
In lugnet.general, Eric Brok wrote: • (snip)
I'm sorry this all seems harsh and I sincerely hope this will prove to be too
pessimistic. But remember ZNAP, GALIDOR and the name change of the DUPLO brand.
All those were major strategic failures based on some optimistic marketing
belief, and TLG had to discard product lines or change back.

Its the Toy business! You have to try a few things out! What about their gambles
that have succeeded, such as (ahem) Bionicle - despite dire warnings from AFOLs?
Yeah Znap was kinda dumb, Galidor probably would have suceeded if the series it
was based on didn't blow, and I am not aware of the Duplo rebranding being
withdrawn.

I wasn't sure when I wrote that (TLG just put DUPLO stickers on EXPLORE boxes as
a temporary clarification), but now it turns out to be very clear, with DUPLO
and QUATTRO now officially (re)launched.

Eric Brok