 General / 43554
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 03:20:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Joe Meno wrote:
   Hi all,

This is from a friend of mine, Gareth Bowler:

Got into my first 2004 sets today; the MINI star destroyer set, and promptly scrapped them for parts, only to find, to my shock and dismay, that the colors don’t match. Further more, the studs are rounded, making connections significantly weaker, and the parts overall just have a cheaper feel to them.

snip picture

The two parts labelled “old” are both from 2003 sets, and have never had a chance to yellow or been exposed to sunlight. The photo was not altered in any way and is the raw output from my scanner.

(re-posting from BL)

Hmm...

The prophecy is coming true....

I was wondering when this would be made public and if it would be made public.

!!start warning!!
I do not know the full story behind the pictures (like what sets they came from, etc) But I do think this is very true.
!!end warning!!

Back at Brickswest 2003 somebody whou WOULD know let a few in on some shocking news - and I think this is part of it. From what a few were told there were some very basic and popular colors that would come to an end as we know them... and these 2 (dark and light grey) were on that list. From what I was told some of these colors were being discontinued in a way... Lego is still making the basic color - but they are calling it a new name in-house. The person who told us said he was not aware if we would be able to see the difference (he was not able to see any on his computer screen swatches). But it looks like you can tell the difference.

So this could very well be the start of it. And if the rest plays out like this then there are going to be some sweeping changes. I will not - repeat *will not* say the rest of the colors on this list. If this is true we will all find out soon enough. And I will not say who told us - but I would never repeat it if he would not be in the position to know what was going on - he deals with colors in his job everyday.

And about the rounded edges - I am going to keep my mouth shut on that. Because if it really does deter from the sturdyness of the connections if I said what I want to say I would be banned from Lugnet.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com