 General / 43623
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:11:32 GMT

Ken Koleda wrote:

TLC has said on
numerous occaisons that AFOLs are just not a big enough market segment.

Are you serious???

If by "big enough" they mean more than 50% of the actual head-count,
they may be right... but I'd bet anything that if they looked at the
bottom line, how much money gets spent, they'd find that more is spent
annually on LEGO that ends up being in the hands of adults than kids
(simply because adults actually _have_ more money than kids in the first
place).

If you ask me, it's probably completely the opposite and LEGO knows it.
  But if LEGO began to appeal too much to the AFOL market, the adult
LEGO consumption could conceivably end up dominating the market (with
expensive specialized parts and sets, and serious hobbyist magazines),
with kids feeling somewhat left behind, sort of like what's happened
with the hobby of playing with electric trains.