 General / 43623
    Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things! —Mark Tarrabain
   (...) Are you serious??? If by "big enough" they mean more than 50% of the actual head-count, they may be right... but I'd bet anything that if they looked at the bottom line, how much money gets spent, they'd find that more is spent annually on (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things! —James Brown
     (...) Yes, he's serious. By "not big enough", if memory is serving me correctly (too lazy to go digging through Lugnet's back catalogue of conversations), they mean "less than 5% of our sales volume" 95% of the Lego that leaves the shelves ends up (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things! —Mark Riley
     (...) Same reasoning why they don't cater to the Macintosh with their computer products - too small an audience. Mark (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things! —David Gregory
     (...) Actually, Brad Justus and Jake McKee have always told us that they believe the adult LEGO buyers to make up less than 5% of the retail market. We AFOL's think it's a bit higher, but not much. A good way to put it into perspective is this: go (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things! —Jeff Findley
     (...) While I agree with this, what keeps adults buying Lego instead of the cheaper clones which have appealing set designs than when we were kids? The answer is brand loyalty. The parents played with Lego when they were kids, not MegaBlocks. These (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things! —Allan Bedford
   (...) Mark... they're serious. Speaking as someone who used to share your opinion it's important to note that this argument has come up many times in the past. The general opinion has always ended up that this statement is correct. (...) It might be (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things! —Mark Tarrabain
   (...) Kid fans of LEGO eventually grow up... and they either become adult fans of LEGO, pass them on to their kids (in which case not as much LEGO is bought for the successive generation, as there is already ample supply), sell them via bricklink, (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things! —Ken Koleda
   (...) I am no expert on this aspect, but I don't think the logic is that sound here. I recall an article in a train magazine noting the 'graying' of the hobby. They worried that the average age of subscriber was like 56yrs old. I don't think (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)