 General / 43596
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 03:46:42 GMT

"Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Joe Meno wrote:

[ ... snipped ...]

Lets find out the true situation (on more than 24 hours knowledge) and • then see
where to go.

Ray (who is getting a little tired of all the knee-jerk reactions)

Good points.

I decided to go to TRU and buy the 4492 to see what all of the fuss was
about.  There is no doubt that the colors are different.  To my eye, the
dark grey is visibly different, it has a hint of blue to it.  The light grey
I probably would not have noticed had it never been mentioned in this
thread.  That said, when you place it side by side with a current grey
element, you can see the color difference.

As for the stud difference, I don't see any.  The studs look the same as all
of the other loose elements I have laying here on my desk.  The parts went
together with the same "feel" that I have experienced in the past - I didn't
notice any looseness or anything like that.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com