 General / 43620
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:56:07 GMT

I just can't imagine that after 40+ years the cylindrical stud with the more or
less flat top has suddenly become difficult to manufacture.  Is the LEGO company
de-evolving their technology?

Lego has CONSTANTLY been perfecting the designs of pieces.  Witness the hole in
the minifig head; the slots in the sides of the Technic pin; etc., etc., etc.
The camfering is another step in the ongoing development of product, though for
what reason we don't know, and as you say may never.

Which pieces in the MINIs are camfered?  I bought a Mos Eisley and couldn't find
it on any pieces.

I have to say, after looking at the color differences, I'm disappointed but not
going to stop buying Lego, even if they're permanent.  I actually like the new
colors better--but I don't like the fact they don't match what I've got.

Peter