 General / 43584
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:40:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Wilson wrote:
I think this is crucial. IF it's really so that there will be
not-quite-matching replacements for some of the standard colors, and IF the
new stud design is really less clutchy (and accurate?) than the current
design and propagates throughout the line... why then, the reasons to pay
more for LEGO vs a cheaper clone become fewer and LEGO will lose even more
of its market share to clone brands. That's a bad thing for us and for LEGO.

Here's hoping that the fears and rumors turn out to be less serious than we
think.

2 words: Coke II. But I doubt it is that drastic.  As for clutch, I don't think
they would have done anything major without hordes of focus groups expressing
their joy at how much easier it is to disconnect two plates. For some adults
that's all they remember about Lego: how hard it was to separate two plates.
Have we seen this on a brick or just plates?

Perhaps the new color also masks an anti-fading agent? (seems unlikely.)

-Erik