 General / 43580
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:45:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joe Meno wrote:
   Hi all,

This is from a friend of mine, Gareth Bowler:

Got into my first 2004 sets today; the MINI star destroyer set, and promptly scrapped them for parts, only to find, to my shock and dismay, that the colors don’t match. Further more, the studs are rounded, making connections significantly weaker, and the parts overall just have a cheaper feel to them.

Pic snipped; see original post.

   The two parts labelled “old” are both from 2003 sets, and have never had a chance to yellow or been exposed to sunlight. The photo was not altered in any way and is the raw output from my scanner.

This is in actuality, NOT a ‘dear lego’ letter as it is a COMMAND to Lego: If this cheaper quality is the new standard, I, as a Customer who is absolutely correct in this matter, ORDER you to cease & desist IMMEDEATELY making the cheaper molds (and stop using cheaper plastic if you’re using it)& replacing traditional colors (adding new colors is fine.) Any refusal to do so will result in economic sanctions (people not buying your new junk) which would unfortunately cripple TLG.

Jeff