 General / 43778
Re: Lego now making Mega Bloks colors (was Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:02:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips wrote:
In lugnet.general, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
Now I haven't actually seen the new grey colors in person yet but based on
the pictures it looks like LEGO is now matching their light and dark grey
colors to the ones Mega Bloks uses.

This would not be unprecedented.  After all, New Coke was an attempt to make the
product taste more like Pepsi.

In lugnet.general, Mark Riley wrote:
That was my initial thought on seeing the new dark gray, too.  Now it won't
be so obvious when Lego and Mega Bloks are blended together in a MOC.  :-P

There's an easy way to identify the MegaBloks -- shake the model gently and see
which pieces fall off!

Well that was the case 4 or 5 years ago. As of 2 to 3 years ago Mega Bloks is
much improved. Only the occasional 1x1 part suffers this problem now but there
are usually 10 to 20 extras so you can get one that makes the model work. I am
very happy with the navy ships I own. (TLC dosent' make them, their loss)

-Mike Petrucelli

FUX to lugnet.off-topic.clonebrands