 General / 43633
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 01:23:53 GMT

What I didn't agree with was the logic being used to suggest why these changes
were being made.  I was trying to express my disbelief that changes were
happening because parts were getting too difficult to manufacture.  If these
changes are, in fact, happening the likely reason is either cost/profit or
patent related.

Right--I don't agree with that either.  It's not a manufacturing issue or a
cost-saving issue, it's a marketing thing probably based on ease of assembly (if
it's not a mistake, which I'm still willing to believe based on my Mos Eisley
experience and other pieces.

The key (for the company) is to make sure that each change is better than what it is
replacing.  New hinge plates are an example of where they might have been better
off not making a change.

Right--but "better" is relative to the audience, and they have another audience
in mind than us AFOLs.  (Whether the change is better for kids either is
debatable.)

But to follow some of the other suggestions in this thread I should be giving up
LEGO bricks and building

I'm not about to.  If other AFOLs do, then hey! More Lego pieces for me.  I've
put the new color pieces together with old ones and while I wouldn't have chosen
the effect, it's not unpleasant.

Peter