 General / 43563
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 05:40:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   Can it be a scheme to make us buy lots more of the new grey? I hate to think that TLC thinks this way, but maybe it’s true...?

Dunno, but does have me wondering how this change plays vis-a-vis the light and dark gray elements in the 4400 tubs that just hit the street. There are 50-ish lt-gray 2x2 bricks per tub.

Is Lego dumping old-color parts ? Will these continue as is ? Are these bricks the old lt-gray (I think they are) or the new one ? Some of the lt-gray pcs are mentioned on the side of the tub, some are not. Also not that there are a nicely number of 33 3x2 lt-gray slopes in the tub. Same questions apply.

So far (if I understand this), the new colors have only been observed in “MINI Star Destroyer” set:4492 ... Perhaps this is something that Lucas Films asked Lego to do and is not a system wide change. Only time will tell. If anyone is seeing this in other sets, please mention it.

Ray