 General / 43561
Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 04:38:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Josh Baakko wrote:

As I replied ON BL, i still think this is attributed to either light or air
quality.  The old peices have what i consider "Smokers tinge", my peices from
my youth have simlar discoloring, and my father smokes...  I think its the
tar in the cigarette smoke. Josh

   Sorry, Josh, but it's not.  The discoloring effect does
   happen in odd environments, but not like this.  I noticed the
   "bluing" in the dark grey when I bought the Star Destroyer the
   other day; I initially wondered if it was the light, but yester-
   day I parted out about 30 HP sets from 2002 and 2003 and
   all show a darker, colder grey than that in the SD.  I
   hadn't noticed the adhesion question; I'll be very upset
   if this is indeed the case.  I'm confused about the reason
   for the change in color; the adhesion question might be
   an easier one, but consistency of color is pretty important!

   It's pretty sad if LEGO is heading towards Megabloks ter-
   ritory instead of concentrating on the level of quality
   and precision that makes them LEGO and not MB.  MB keeps
   getting better--I was actually quite impressed by the
   new releases in the Dragons line.  When this comes from
   a guy with nearly a metric ton of LEGO (yours truly), I
   hope it carries a little bit of weight (nudge nudge, LEGO
   company lurkers).  Kids do actually notice this stuff.

   Oh well, time to stock up on my dark grey now, so at least
   my ships will match!

   best

   LFB