 General / 43654
Re: Improved Pick-A-Brick packing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:21:09 GMT

If someone can tell me how many 1x1 plates fit in the small and large cups, I would like to confirm your theory.<<

Not me! I'd go nutz counting that many plates(or blocks)!

But as Chris suggested, the smaller the part the better deal the volume theory
becomes.
I have a cup full of 1x4 plates that is heavier than a cup of 2x4's.
I also have cup almost full of 1x1 tiles that is far heavier than any other cup
I have filled!

Actually, I'd like to see someone prove the volume over weight theory wrong.
Even without stacking it appears that at the very worst it would be about even.

You simply cannot improve the cost per piece when purchasing by weight.
(or via S@H prices)

By volume you can, most times significantly!

If you figure time in, you must also consider the increased volume of your
spoils by stacking.

As I stated earlier, it figures out to about $26.00 more 2x4 brick per hour.

I will gladly pack your PAB cups for half that amount.

Could you imagine getting paid $13.00 per hour to stack Lego?

OK, not enough, how about $26.00 per hour???

(that's appears to be the difference in some situations)